Through Life Coaching we bring hope and understanding, building stepping stones to brighter futures through personal relationships and attainable goals.
Helping lay the stepping stones to reach brighter futures.
- Create a person-centered plan for every client to provide a foundation of their unique needs, skills, and dreams
- Build personal relationships with each client through regular meetings in casual settings
- Set goals at every meeting, to create attainable steps to our clients dreams
- Provide mentorship and guidance to our clients, helping them practice positive life skills and
become honest, productive, healthy, and independent members of society
1. Person Centered – This approach places the person at the center of the services we provide. It means that we treat the person with respect, dignity, encouragement, and with compassion. We will recognize that everyone is unique and their will coaching will be specialized for their needs. We guide the person through the discovery process of finding their way to navigate life.
2. Sense of Hope – We will bring a sense of hope. Life is overwhelming and confusing. This hope is a forward movement that individuals have by accomplishing their person centered goals. We can start to clear a path to hope in the future through positivity and encouragement, we will bring hope into their lives.
3. Confidentiality – We are called Looking Forward for a reason. We encourage individuals to look forward to their futures. There are times information for that future can be private or sensitive. The information that is discussed between the coach and the individual will remain confidential unless it is harmful to themselves or others.
Wouldn't it be great if everything in life fell perfectly in line? Sometimes our lives need a little re-arranging. One of the most challenging times in the life of a individual with special needs is when they are experiencing a major transition in life such as graduating from high school, moving into their own place, starting college or trade school or simply when they are challenged to define their path in life.
This is why these river stones represent the path we take. During these challenging times in life, individuals can feel like there is a great river between them and where they want to go. Looking Forward Life Coaching helps clients define a path to the destination that is right for them, then lays the stepping stones so they can accomplish their goals.
Meet the Founder
Sara Swan is the founder of Looking Forward Life Coaching. Sara has been teaching for 22 years, and her specialty throughout her extensive teaching career has been transitioning students in special education out of high school and into the community. She has also mentored several high school and college-age individuals as they headed into adulthood and still remains part of their lives. Sara is also the guardian of her uncle who is profoundly intellectually impaired and helps make decisions to better his quality of life.